It’s hard to believe we are already in the fourth quarter of the year. As usual, it has flown by! Weather is cooling down, sweaters are making a warm and welcome return, and we get to witness the beautiful transformations outside. Leaves have begun changing their color palette to that familiar autumn glow and soon they will start falling to the ground where snow will return before we know it…
In other words: It’s the holiday season! For most people, it’s the most wonderful time of the year – especially for retailers. These last three months of the year are known for the non-stop holiday frenzy of Halloween, Thanksgiving, the December holidays (Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa), and New Year’s Eve. From candy corn in October and pumpkin everything through November, to the candy canes and gingerbread flavors in late December, seasonal treats and specialty snacks have always been a huge part of winter holiday celebrations.
Whether you operate a cozy in-store experience, a convenient e-commerce business, or land somewhere in the middle – make sure you don’t miss out on the opportunity to stand out from the competition with seasonal packaging and custom labeling that would make Santa’s elves proud! M&R Label is here to give your business a hand with seasonal labels and marketing.
‘Tis the Season to Make Money
According to Roku’s 2021 Holiday Consumer Shopping Study: “Individual spending could hit record levels this holiday season as consumers report significant growth in their holiday spending plans.” 36% of holiday shoppers plan on spending more money this year than they have previously. This is the highest percentage since 2018!
“We anticipate strong consumer spending for the upcoming holiday season. As vaccination rates rise and consumers are more comfortable being outside of the home, we are likely to see increased spending on services, including restaurants and travel, while spending on goods will continue to hold steady. A steady decline in the savings rate to pre-pandemic levels will support consumer spending and keep retail sales elevated this season,” said Daniel Bachman, Deloitte’s U.S. economic forecaster. “Further, e-commerce sales will continue to grow as consumers demonstrate an ongoing and steady movement toward buying online across all categories.” Deloitte
Clearly, consumer confidence is high this holiday season – even Scrooge will be spending. Start planning now to prepare for the holiday rush! Make sure your business can take advantage of this shopping surge by packaging your holiday treats with design flourishes that inspire the holiday spirit and leave a lasting impression on your customers…
Seasonal Packaging Tips for Holiday Treats
Now is the time to start designing seasonal packaging and product labels. M&R Label is ready to help you stand out from the competition and thrive this holiday season…
- Add festive icons to spice up your branding: Consider classic imagery for the season or holiday you are promoting. Great examples include: pine trees, Santa Claus, and gingerbread men for Christmas, turkey and cornucopias for Thanksgiving, menorahs and candles for Hanukkah, and pumpkins or friendly ghosts for Halloween. Read more about seasonal marketing here!
- Use die cut labels to save space: Die cut labels are stickers that cut around the edge of the design. This means the border of that design is the edge of the design itself. This is perfect if you want to add icons like trees or pumpkins to your packaging. The border of your icon won’t take up unnecessary space – leaving you room to promote your brand! Learn the difference between labels and stickers here.
- Choose a color scheme that matches your holiday theme: Need Halloween-themed packing? Feature oranges and yellows similar to the classic Jack-o-Lantern. For a general Fall feel, incorporate browns and dark reds. Use red, green, and white for the winter holidays like Christmas, or white and blues to appeal to the winter season in general! Read more about making holiday season gifts stand out.
- Use gift customization options for online shopping: If you run an online business that ships products to your consumers, consider giving your patrons the option to order with special, personalized messaging and holiday themed packaging. This comes in handy for customers who may be buying a gift for a friend. To the lucky individual receiving your product as a gift, this is a great first impression for your brand! We can print custom labels to designate “To” and “From” on every gift.
- Comply with federal food and beverage laws: Always make sure to follow FDA guidelines for food and beverage labels. That could mean including updated ingredient labels and detailed nutritional information about your seasonal flavors or including an “as-prepared” label when necessary. Are you in the Food, Beverage, Cannabis, or Nutraceutical industry? Tamper-evident product labels are a must!
- Work with your labeling partner early to meet holiday shipping deadlines: The holiday season can get busy, especially for small to medium sized businesses that want to cash in on the holiday rush. Collaborate with a professional labeling company with the means and capacity to meet your needs in a timely manner. Learn more about shipping labels on our blog!
M&R Label is the Answer to Your Holiday Labeling Needs
Speaking of deadlines, M&R Label has the capabilities to manage your seasonal label orders to make sure custom labels are delivered on time and on target. Don’t find yourself unable to fulfill shipments due to running out of product or shipping labels! Partner with our team to help keep track of your seasonal label inventory management, ensuring purchase quantities are right-sized, delivery dates are properly scheduled, and your holiday season runs smoothly.
When it comes to trusting a printing professional with your holiday season, make sure they offer the printing capabilities your business needs. Need die cut labels of gingerbread men with a glossy finish? We’ve got you covered. What about a personalized label for your customers that want to send your product off as a gift? We can do that too!
M&R Label offers a variety of printing methods, including variable data label printing and digital printing technology. This gives us the ability to make minor changes to your custom labels without disrupting the printing process. Maybe you’re content with your standard custom label, but you want to add holiday flair to the design without altering so much that it’s unrecognizable. With variable data printing you can add personal touches, change colors, and promote marketing campaigns without redoing your entire design. These printing capabilities will also come in handy when the winter holiday season is over and it’s time to switch back to your standard label design.
Based in Chicago, M&R Label has over 30 years of experience in the custom label industry. We can ship custom label orders to businesses of all industries across the United States. Make the smart decision this holiday season. Choose the M&R Label team as your printing service partner and wrap your treats in high quality, festive, custom labels that invoke the holiday spirit and separates you from the competition!