In today’s crowded marketplace, it can be challenging for businesses to stand out and capture the attention of potential customers. One effective way to make your products pop is by using unique custom labels. And when it comes to making your labels truly shine, there’s nothing quite like metallic foil.
Who wouldn’t love a little shiny bling on their product labels? Metallic and holographic label accents are catchy and quite trendy! Before jumping on the bandwagon and converting all of your product labels to metallics, you should know how to best utilize metallic foil designs for custom labels.
Metallic labels are trending and flashy; in fact they are the most popular label material right now! Wondering what makes them so enchanting? We’ll explore the many benefits of using metallic foil for your custom labels and why it’s a smart choice for any business looking to elevate their brand and make a lasting impression.
What is Metallic Foil?
Metallic labels (or metallic foil) is a BOPP (Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene) material. It’s designed and treated to give your labels a shiny reflection that will catch the consumer’s eye.
They are durable, long-lasting, and an asset to your product’s label design. It comes with strong adhesive, lightweight and fire-resistant. But there’s so much more to using metallic labels for your product. Metallic labels are the way to go if you want your products to shine on the shelf!
If you are thinking of rebranding or designing custom labels from scratch with M&R Label, here’s why you need to look into metallic foil designs…
Why Use Metallic Foil? What are the Benefits of Metallic Product Labels?
For your product to catch the customer’s eye before the competition, add the oomph factor to your labels. How to do that? Use metallic labels. These come in all shapes and sizes and can change the look of any boring product label.
If you want to convey luxury, you should add the touch of metallic labels to your products. Many industries like makeup and skincare use metallic foil labels to make their products stand out. Metallic foils are highly reflective and can be especially useful in retail environments where products are competing for attention on crowded shelves.
Key benefits of using metallic foil labels for your products
- Versatility. Custom metallic labels can have a variety of uses, and with designing techniques and skill, you can make your custom labels shine brighter than the competition. You can use it with all kinds of products, beverages, especially wines and cold brews, skincare, and cosmetic products since they need the most shine and glamor, candles and wax melt products, hygiene, and home cleaning products; the list goes on.
- Heat and water-resistant. The fact that they are trendy for beverages is because they are water resistant. Hence condensation doesn’t affect the quality of the customer label.
- Customer friendly. For example, many products are put in a colder temperature or submerged in water; this can make an average label peel off and become a soggy mess. But not with metallic labels.
- Resilient. They retain their shine for longer, which makes them ideal for products with longer shelf life. Average paper labels can go yellow with sun exposure. However, metallic labels hardly lose their shine. Apart from being able to withstand water and oil, metallic labels are also great with daily handling and wear and tear.
- Flashy. They are eye-catching since they use reflectivity to attract the customer. Your product will shine on the selves of all department stores as they use fluorescent lights.
- Customization. There are a variety of color choices. You select from a vast collection of colors, such as blue, bronze, gold, red, silver, and copper, and create your brand color palette with a metallic touch.
- Unique. Metallic labels create an immediate visual impact. That way, potential customers don’t miss your product among many on the shelves.
These benefits and uses for metallic labels are just the tip of the iceberg. M&R Label can help you get your products shining in no time; your ultimate label professionals to make all your label dreams come true.
Here are a few quick steps to implementing metallic foil on your labels:
1. Decide What Parts of the Label Should be Metallic
We know you would love to make the whole label metallic, but that won’t look great. So, once you have the design in hand, you need to sit with your label professional and decide which parts of the label should get all the shine.
Not everything should be metallic. For example, your ingredients, product information, and bar code can do without being metallic. They will read well with white ink. Use metallic shine in areas that matter the most, for example, your logo and on the face of the product.
2. Partner with a Professional
You can’t nail your design until you get a professional who is experienced with metallic designs. Professionals have the eye to know what to enhance and what to keep in the background to create the perfect shining logo and label for your brand. Apart from that, pro’s at M&R labels have the sophistication to make your product catch the customer’s eye without being too tacky or cheap.
3. Have An Expert Help with Pre-Press Review
To ensure your text is visible and easy to read over the metallic, get a professional assessment. When your product hits the shelves at the department store, you need it to be perfect. Metallic can be overpowering, so make sure the text in your logo and custom label is readable against the metallic parts.
An experienced printer will be able to show your proofs with white ink. It will help you determine which elements should be better off as metallic and which should remain opaque. Proofing will help you eliminate any mistakes with your label.
Partner with the Professionals at M&R Label for Metallic Label Designs!
Incorporating metallic foil into your custom labels can be a game-changer for your business! But designing and printing premium quality labels require the experience and skills that only a full-service label provider like M&R Label can offer. What are you waiting for? Let’s work together to create an unforgettable, stunning custom label that outshines the competition! We can handle everything in house from design, pre-press review, printing, and more.