We’re now in the fourth quarter of the year. The days are shorter, the nights longer and our Midwest temperatures are dropping…it’s the start of the holiday season! These cold months are the perfect time to grab your favorite blanket, brew hot chocolate (with marshmallows of course), and add warmth to your house by sparking up your favorite scented candle. Candles not only provide warmth and comforting aromas, but they are a huge hit during the holiday season.
If you are in the candle industry, it’s a great idea to cash in on the holiday spirit and have your seasonal candle scents fill up the rooms of families all across the nation. It’s the time of year for pumpkin spice, cozy cinnamon, and apple pie scents, as well as outdoorsy evergreen and fresh pine fragrances.
Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and New Years will be here before we know it! You may think you have the best candles on the market, but for your candles to truly stand out from competitors and take full advantage of the holiday rush, you need to have exceptional labeling that is festive and wins over the consumer.
According to Candles.org: “Approximately 35% of candle sales occur during the winter holiday season. With such a large portion of candle revenue coming from these next few months, it’s time to partner up with premier labeling professionals that understand your custom labeling needs. First, let’s jump into the fundamentals of candle labeling. No matter what kind of candle you sell, it’s beneficial to know what must be included in a label. The extra holiday flair is only effective after you’ve covered the basics…
When was the last time you gave your custom candle labels a makeover? Let us help you get your candles off the shelves and into gift bags this holiday season with M&R Label’s guide to custom candle labels for your favorite holiday scents.
Most reputable candle sellers are members of the National Candle Association (NCA). In fact, National Candle Association member companies account for about 80% of all candles made in the United States. If your company is a member of the NCA, you know firsthand how important it is to have the required safety labels on your product. Every label should have the three key rules for candle fire safety:
- Burn within sight
- Keep away from things that catch fire
- Keep away from children
Candle Labeling Best Practices
Whether you make votives, novelty candles, outdoor candles, or birthday candles, there is basic information you need to include on these labels. This information is in addition to the 3 key rules mentioned above. Some of these suggestions may be obvious, but when designing a custom label, bear these tips in mind so you can use space effectively!
Candle labels should include:
- Company Name and Logo
- Display your logo in a way that makes sense for your brand. If your aesthetic is minimal, consider borderless die cut labeling in order to remove the background borders.
- Candle Weight
- Include the weight of the candle, often measured in grams.
- Contact Information
- If you want customers to reach your business, include contact information somewhere on the label. An easy way to achieve this without taking up too much space is to include a QR code on your label that directs consumers to your website, or online storefront.
- Candle Scent Name
- Choose a name for your candle’s scent that fits within your brand’s product line and is memorable.
- Wax Type/Ingredients
- Your candles may be paraffin, soy, beeswax, coconut wax, or a blend, but you want to include this in the label to inform the customer of what they will be burning in their home.
- Burn Time Hours
- All candles should include the time it takes to burn through them. Usually the burn time is placed near the three required fire safety warnings.
- Container Specifications
- Include measurements for the candle container
- Appropriate Label Material
- The material you choose for your label can have a serious impact on how people think about your candles. It’s also the perfect opportunity to add holiday flair. Glimmering golden polymers with glossy coating may make the perfect New Year’s label, while a design that evokes a family Thanksgiving may work best with a relatively tactile paper feel.
Bring Back the Spark to Your Candles with M&R Label
Candles need to include a considerable amount of information using a small amount of space. The above requirements may seem daunting, but at M&R Label we make it easy! With variable data label printing we are able to adopt a general design, then make small edits without interrupting the label printing process. This is perfect if you want to introduce a new scent into your product line or rollout festive holidays labels that stand out, but don’t stray too far from your brand’s general feel.
We can also utilize digital label printing to easily switch out seasonal scent names and their corresponding graphics. Digital label printing also allows us to print your unique labels efficiently, saving your business time and money. Not sure where to start with a label redesign? Work with our team to choose the best colors, materials, and fonts for your product!
Don’t let all the regulatory standards overwhelm you. M&R Label has over 30 years of industry experience with designing and printing custom labels. We’ll make sure your products meet NCA standards while including the required safety and instruction information. We can print the QR Codes and barcodes for your labels, as well as manage your label inventory. With Label inventory management, M&R Label reduces storage costs, arranges your delivery schedules, and ensures you have the right amount of custom labels at all times.
As Chicago’s finest premier label printer, M&R Label delivers high quality, custom labels at competitive prices. Spark up a conversation with our specialists by requesting a quote today. When it comes to your scents, it only makes sense to partner with M&R Label!