Everyone loves a go-getter. They are the people who find a way to get things done, even if they have to learn on the fly. Often, it’s that same passion and drive that leads to starting your own business and forging your own path in a crowded market space.
It’s important to understand that sometimes, approaching your goals alone won’t always net you the best results. Trusting a partner with more expertise in a certain function can be beneficial for both parties. For example, whether you sell cosmetic beauty products, cannabis gummies, or adult beverages, one common denominator is that all of these products need premium labels.
Labels are important because they inform customers on what they can expect from your product and they act as a critical brand touchpoint for consumer interaction. And, as we all know in business, first impressions mean everything! Make sure your first impression turns potential customers into brand advocates by teaming up with custom label professionals with years of industry experience.
In this blog, we will explore the common pitfalls of DIY label printing and the many benefits of hiring a professional label printing company like M&R Label.
Why High Quality Product Labels are a Must
To start, here are a few key stats that illustrate how important high quality, custom labels are to your brand’s success…
- 72% of American consumers say their purchasing decision is influenced by the packaging design.
- 61% say they are much more likely to repeat a purchase of a luxury product if it came in premium packaging.
- 40% of consumers will share an image of your packaging on social media if it was unique or branded.
We all know the old adage, “don’t judge a book by its cover.” That may be good life advice regarding people, but in the world of consumer behavior, that is exactly what we do. It’s human nature for our eyes to be drawn to unique designs and interesting packaging. Don’t let your products get lost in the sea of competition. Work with a professional label printing company to make sure your custom labels are high quality and stand out. Your business will surely reap the benefits…
7 Benefits of Hiring a Professional Label Printing Partner
Let’s talk about the upside of letting the professionals handle your premium labeling needs. Here are 7 incredible benefits of working with a reputable label printing company like M&R Label…
- You’ll get access to high quality materials, impressive designs, and powerful printing capabilities.
- Ordering labels in higher quantities will be much more cost-effective. Who doesn’t like saving money?
- Leaving label printing to the experts frees up your team so they can focus on other important tasks.
- Enjoy having an extra set of eyes to catch errors and mistakes. This small step makes a big difference!
- Labeling experts understand FDA regulatory requirements for each industry, thus greatly reducing the likelihood of violations and recalls.
- Premium custom labels give your brand a professional look and feel, which in turn will increase sales exponentially!
- Label printers like M&R Label provide comprehensive service offerings, like label inventory management and ink management, taking even more off of your plate.
Now that we’ve covered the positives for trusting a professional labeling company with your product labels, let’s take a look at the downsides of DIY label printing…
Don’t Do it Yourself!
Creating your own labels isn’t all bad! If your business only needs a very small amount of custom labels, it is often less expensive to do so on your own. Additionally, you may have more flexibility to print labels as-needed instead of large batch orders.
That being said, the benefits of teaming up with a professional label printing company far outweigh the disadvantages. Here are a few of the drawbacks and common mistakes of DIY product labels…
- Material options are limited to your printer: Printers are more affordable and easier to use these days, but it’s still difficult to get professional results by yourself. To achieve the best results, a label printing company uses high-quality materials and high-end industrial printers. Believe us when we tell you consumers can easily tell the difference between professional labels and DIY printing projects!
- Errors are more common: It’s easier to miss spelling errors and grammatical mistakes when custom labels are printed in-house. And don’t even get us started on issues with margins or sizing! Working with a label printing company allows your design to be seen by multiple sets of eyes before they are given the go-ahead to be printed, decreasing the likelihood of pesky, avoidable errors.
- Managing barcodes, UPCs, and QR Codes can be complicated: Barcodes have regulated dimension requirements. Universal product codes are vital in order to track inventory. QR codes are absolutely necessary in a post-pandemic world that relies on contactless environments. These codes are sensitive and one wrong move or smudge can ruin them!
- Ink and inventory management is challenging: If you choose the DIY route for custom labels, you’ll have to maintain the appropriate ink levels at all times to print your labels. You will also need to manage label inventory so that you don’t overstock or understock on labels. Doing so could create shipping delays and lead to more inconsistent toner levels!
- Waterproofing and weather-proofing labels may be difficult: Creating labels that are waterproof and weatherproof requires materials and finishes that are hard to obtain, but professional printers like M&R Label have the tools and resources to create durable, sustainable labels that stay fresh in any environment!
Let’s say you’ve weighed the pros and cons, and you’ve made the decision to trust a professional label printing company. But teaming up with just any professional label printing company might not get you exactly what you’re looking for! Make sure the label printing partner you choose is more than capable of providing the exact services and specifications you need. Hire a professional label printer with decades of industry experience. Choose M&R Label…
Why Choose M&R Label?
At M&R Label, we pride ourselves on being pioneers in the label printing industry! Since 1989, we have established ourselves as a trusted printing partner, defining what a “high quality” label looks like and means for every industry. Our team brings over 30 years of printing experience to the table, constantly investing in the highest quality people, technology and equipment.
The M&R Label team is dedicated to creating impressive labels at a fair cost, along with extensive label printing & design knowledge. We’re happy to print any unique font, vibrant color, or image you need – on any type of material and shape! As your chosen custom label printer in Chicago, we guarantee quick turnaround, high-quality materials, and creative label design for all of your labeling needs. Let’s take a look at a few of our premier services…
Label Inventory Management: Inventory management can be tricky. Between having enough storage space for your product inventory and making sure you have the right amount of custom labels at all times, it can feel overwhelming. You don’t want to under order, resulting in unmet consumer demand. And you don’t want to over-order a label that you might not need for long-term use!
Industry Expertise: We have extensive experience creating premium labels for food, beverages, cannabis, health, industrial products, and more. We understand the federal, state, and local regulatory packaging requirements for your product. Whether your product requires visually stunning artwork with vibrant colors, or more technical needs to deliver crucial information, we can handle it all!
- Flexographic Printing: Flexographic label printing (commonly referred to as flexo) is a super fast and efficient method. It’s typically used for high-volume applications. This form of printing utilizes a flexible relief plate. A flexible printing plate is used to transfer ink to printable substrates in a high-speed rotary process. The consumables used in flexo printing have a lower cost and the equipment is eco-friendly.
- Digital Label Printing: Digital printing is the process of transferring digital-based images directly to various media, such as product labels, paper, canvas, cardstock, etc. In other words, it’s a much more modern method of production that makes prints from electronic files. Basically, your artwork is created on a computer and then printed directly onto the material of your choice.
- Variable Label Data Printing: Variable Data Label printing allows us to change information (variables), such as text, numbers, or images, from one label to the next without stopping or slowing down the printing process. Therefore this process lets you get your variable labels faster and cheaper than if they were done traditionally!
Here’s what a long-time client had to say about working with us…
“M&R Label is my new home for custom labels!” – Client Review
You could have the best product on the market, but if your custom label doesn’t draw attention you will miss out on potential customers and sales revenue. Get your products off the shelves and into consumers’ hands by hiring a professional label printing company like M&R Label to re-energize your product labeling.
We are ready to assist you with label design, ink management, and label inventory management…and everything in between! Our team understands the importance of meeting all federal and state regulatory requirements for labels. Our mission is to deliver you high quality, premium labels at an affordable price.